The IGISc maintains two GIS laboratories—a teaching Lab in HSS 290, and research lab in HSS 272. All lab computers are networked to two servers for the purpose of data sharing, web development, and licensing. Labs may be rented for conference or training purposes.
Teaching Lab - HSS 290
The teaching lab is equipped with 23 student machines and one instructor machine located at the instructor's console. All computers are running Windows 10 with 4GB of RAM, Intel i7 processors and have 22" monitors.
- Projector controlled from teaching console
- 23 Student Computers
- 1 instructor computer at teaching console
- Conference table with 18 chairs
- Total seating: 42
Research Lab - HSS 272
The Research Lab is available to students and staff exclusively for research and course lab work.
- 10 student computers
- 2 research computers with 32GB RAM, intel Xeon processors, and AMD FirePro video cards
- Conference table with 8 chairs
- Total seating: 20
Computers in both labs are equipped with the following software:
- ArcGIS 10.4.1 - ArcGIS Desktop Advanced with a full suite of extensions including Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst....
- ArcGIS Pro 1.3
- Erdas Imagine - including ATCOR, Objective, and Autosync extensions
- eCognition Professional
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Trimble Pathfinder Office
The IGISc mantains an HP T7700 poster plotter capable of printing high quality images up to 42" in height and to the desired width. The plotter is available to anyone on campus. The cost for printing is $3/sq. foot. If you would like to schedule use of the plotter, please contact Anna Studwell or Aiko Weverka for details.