Facilities and Software
The IGISc maintains two GIS laboratories; the Teaching Lab in HSS 290, and the GIS Research Lab in HSS 272. All lab computers are networked to two servers for the purpose of data sharing, web development, and licensing.
Labs may be rented for conference or training purposes. Contact Seth Hiatt for details.
Teaching Lab - HSS 290
The teaching lab is equipped with 23 student machines and one instructor machine located at the instructor's console. All computers are running Windows 7 with 4GB of RAM, Intel i7 processors and have 22" monitors.
- Projector controlled from teaching console
- 23 Student Computers
- 1 instructor computer at teaching console
- Conference table with 18 chairs
- Total seating: 42
Research Lab - HSS 272
The Research Lab is available to students and staff exclusively for research and course lab work.
- Projector controled from teaching console
- 10 Student Computers
- Conference table with 8 chairs
- Total seating: 20
Computers in both labs are equipped with the following software:
- ArcGIS 10.1 - ArcInfo license with a full suite of extensions including Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst....
- Erdas Imagine - including Atcor, Objective, and Autosync extensions
- eCognition Professional
- Adobe Illustrator
- Trimble Pathfinder Office
Plotter and Scanner
The IGISc mantains an HP T700 poster plotter capable of printing high quality images on glossy or plain bond paper up to 42" in height and to the desired width. The plotter is available to anyone on campus. The cost for printing is $3/sq. foot. If you would like to schedule use of the plotter, please contact Seth Hiatt or Anne McTavish
Copyright © 2010 Department of Geography and Human Environmental Studies, San Francisco State University, All Rights Reserved.