In the interest of safeguarding the health of our students, faculty and staff, San Francisco State University is taking steps to further limit the potential for the novel coronavirus to spread within our community. All instruction will be offered remotely this fall and the two computer labs are closed thru May, 2021. The IGISc has been researching methods for online instruction and off-campus software access for years. We are glad to be able to use our experience and the cooperation we have developed with campus ITS/AT to provide as effective remote support as possible for GIS teaching and research needs for SF State students, faculty, and staff. M.S. GIScience graduate students enrolled in GEOG 898 should consult their supervising faculty member and Director of the IGISc, Jerry Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org), to determine whether they may be granted approval to use these spaces.
In-person lab hours
|HSS 290||Closed thru May, 2021|
Closed thru May, 2021
1) GIS Student Licensing: Contact Anna Studwell (email@example.com) or Quentin Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about how to get ArcGIS or Erdas student licensing / software for your home computer.
2) J.P. Leonard Library: Contact Shawn Heiser (email@example.com) with questions about GIS access in the J.P. Leonard Library
3) Microsoft Azure Remote Desktop: If you have access to a computer but are unable to get the GIS or Remote Sensing software you need on it, contact your professor for access to Microsoft Azure.
- ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2
- ArcGIS for Desktop 10.7.1
- Erdas 2020
4) Labspace: If you have access to a computer but are unable to get the software you need on it, contact your professor for access to LabSpace and check out guides at AT and our Labspace page. Some programs available at
- ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3
- ArcGIS for Desktop 10.4.1
- Erdas 2018