The IGISc maintains two GIS laboratories—a teaching Lab in HSS 290, and research lab in HSS 272. All lab computers are networked to two servers for the purpose of data sharing, web development, and licensing. Labs may be rented for conference or training purposes.
Teaching Lab - HSS 290
The teaching lab is equipped with 23 student machines and one instructor machine located at the instructor's console. All computers are Dell Precisions running Windows 10 with 64GB of RAM, NVIDIA Dedicated Graphics Cards, and have 22" monitors.
- Projector controlled from teaching console
- 23 Student Computers
- 1 instructor computer at teaching console
- Conference table with 18 chairs
- Total seating: 42
Research Lab - HSS 272
The Research Lab is available to students and staff exclusively for research and course lab work.
- 8 student/research computers (Dell Precisions with 64 GB RAM)
- 2 research computers (Dell Optiplex) with 32GB RAM, intel Xeon processors, and AMD FirePro video cards
- Conference table with 8 chairs
- Total seating: 20
Computers in both labs are equipped with the following software:
- ArcGIS 10.4.1 - ArcGIS Desktop Advanced with a full suite of extensions including Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst....
- ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3
- Erdas Imagine 2018 - including ATCOR Workflow
- eCognition Professional
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Trimble Pathfinder Office
If you have a special request for software or software extensions to be added to the computers in HSS 290 and/or HSS 272, please submit your request to Anna Studwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 2 weeks in advance of when you need the software. She will coordinate with Academic Technology, who support our labs, to download/install the software.