ArcMap Installation Instructions
Esri provides single use licenses to university affiliates that are valid until San Francisco State University's contract ends each year. Please note that ArcGIS is not compatible with a Mac operating system and runs on Windows only.
Step 1: Downloading ArcGIS Desktop Advanced
- Download the software from this SF State Box folder (currently ArcMap 10.8.1)
- Once downloaded to your hard drive, double-click on the ArcGIS_Desktop_1081_175110 to extract the files to the default location
- Keep the checkbox checked for Launch the setup program
- Choose Close which will prompt the ArcGIS Desktop setup program window to proceed with the installation
Step 2: Download the license (called a provisioning file)
- Download the .prvc file from the same folder that you downloaded the software from.
- Follow the steps in ArcMap Instructions guide in this folder to install and license the software using the .prvc file you just downloaded